- U.S. employment increased by 49,000 jobs in January; the unemployment rate
declined to 6.3%.
- U.S. initial claims for unemployment insurance decreased this week but the four
week moving average has remained above 800,000 for nine weeks.
- U.S. real GDP increased by 4.0% in the fourth quarter of 2020.
- U.S. residential construction activity continued to grow in December.
- Washington housing construction improved in the fourth quarter of 2020 and slightly
exceeded the forecast.
- Washington exports declined over the year for a ninth consecutive quarter.
- Major General Fund-State (GF-S) revenue collections for the January 11, 2020 –
February 10, 2021 collection period came in $269.5 million (15.3%) higher than
forecasted in November, primarily due to Revenue Act tax collections.
- Cumulatively, collections are now $592.6 million (9.0%) higher than forecasted.
Get more in the original document: https://erfc.wa.gov/sites/default/files/public/documents/publications/feb21.pdf