DEI report published
The National Association of Conservation Districts (NACD) has published the final report of the NACD DEI Task Force.
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) statement approved at the NACD Board of Directors July 2020
meeting called for a Task Force to be created to provide a set of recommendations back to the board on DEI issues both for NACD and our 3,000 conservation districts. The Task Force convened in September 2020 and was charged with the following:
- Review internal governance
- Examine programs, policies and procedures to encourage even greater transparency and open dialogue
- Open meeting laws
- Significance of local work groups
- Local conservation district elections
- Other topics relevant to issues of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Actively engage all members of local communities to understand conservation issues important to diverse populations
WACD’s Executive Director Tom Salzer was a member of the Task Force.
Download the NACD DEI Task Force report: DEI-Task-Force-Report-FINAL