WACD National Director Doug Rushton reports today that our two Washington State resolutions that went to NACD were passed by committees and forwarded on to the NACD board consent calendar. Being on the consent calendar means that they are virtually certain of passage.
The two resolutions are:
- Improved rural broadband internet and cell phone access (Benton CD)
- Extending electronic training resources (Okanogan CD)
WACD Executive Director Tom Salzer was in attendance for the presentation of Okanogan’s resolution. Okanogan Conservation District Executive Director Craig Nelson made an excellent presentation to the committee.
Doug has congratulated the sponsoring districts.
Download the 2020 resolutions:
- Southeast Supervisors & Managers - July 26, 2021 (12 downloads)
- Resolutions adopted - 2020 (49 downloads)
Update February 5, 2021, from Doug:
Our two WA resolutions were part of the NACD Board of Directors consent calendar this afternoon. The Board approved the consent calendar and thus our resolutions. Congratulations to both the Benton and Okanogan CDs. I think these were really good resolutions and will help us “put conservation on the ground”.
The resolutions are:
- Improved rural broadband internet and cell phone access (Benton)
- Extending electronic training resources (Okanogan)