Direct from the Washington State Conservation Commission comes news of an exciting opportunity for their next conservation leader!
The Washington State Conservation Commission is currently seeking a new Executive Director. This position will lead our agency in working with our governing Board of Commissioners, agency staff, the state’s 45 conservation districts, and our state and federal partners to carry out the vision and mission of the Conservation Commission consistent with our values.
We seek someone who will actively work to maintain and improve our state’s natural resources— we want an applicant who enjoys working with a skilled team that values the “big picture” and will do everything to help make the director be successful. Our ideal candidate cares deeply about engaging people with voluntary actions that keep natural resources and farmland healthy for all. They value conservation districts and understand the importance of their locally led approach.
Highlights of Executive Director duties include:
- Serve as a member of the Governor’s Natural Resources Cabinet and collaborate with the Governor’s policy staff and Executive Branch on natural resource issues.
- Collaborate with other agency directors to determine strategic initiatives, partnerships, and efficiencies that can better address natural resource needs.
- Support and manage agency staff; oversee operations; carry out our strategic plan; and implement our biennial budget.
- Promote the role of voluntary conservation and conservation districts in solving priority natural resource issues.
- Provide oversight and governance of each of the 45 conservation districts’ volunteer boards of supervisors.
- Build and submit budget allocations to fund the vital work of our 45 conservation districts.
- Provide the necessary leadership to bring together diverse partnerships across the natural resources spectrum, including conservation districts, state agencies, federal agencies, tribal governments, and local governments.
Please view the Executive Director job posting: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3220135/executive-director-exempt for a full list of duties, qualifications, and to learn how to apply.
Does this sound like you? If so, I hope you’ll apply. Or — if you know someone who fits this description — please share the announcement.
Persons with a disability who need assistance with their application or need the announcement in an alternative format may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.