Are you interested in working with other people who are passionate about Washington’s natural resources? How about protecting water quality for shellfish, salmon recovery and our Southern Resident Orca? Ecology’s Water Quality Program is dedicated to identifying and addressing sources of water pollution that are impacting human health and the environment. We provide education and technical assistance, take water quality samples, and conduct investigations to accomplish our goals.
The Water Quality Program is looking to fill a Nonpoint Water Quality Specialist position. This position is located in our Southwest Regional Office in Lacey, WA.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to and investigate violations associated with land uses causing impacts to water quality or Chinook salmon habitat. This involves working with the public and possibly dealing with challenging situations.
- Participate in water quality improvement teams and monitoring work groups to address pollution in impaired watersheds.
- Use assessment tools, including GIS and water quality data, to determine priorities in addressing pollution concerns.
- Represent Ecology in public information and education opportunities for nonpoint source water quality activities.
- Develop and foster relationships with key interest groups and organizations
Click here to view the full job description and to apply