Small Forest Landowner Office Outreach Specialist, Community Outreach and Environmental Education Specialist 3
This is a Full-time, Permanent, Represented position.
Want to join something GREAT and make a difference?
The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has an exciting opportunity within our Forest Regulation Division. Are you someone who is passionate about conducting outreach efforts and providing educational opportunities regarding technical and financial incentives to the public? If you love working in a natural resource agency, enjoy providing assistance to the public, and have a proven ability for working as part of a team, then this is the job for you.
The Small Forest Landowner Office is seeking a Community Outreach and Environmental Education Specialist who will have the primary responsibility for leading internal and external educational outreach regarding all Small Forest Landowner Office and Forest Resiliency programs.
This position will:
- Increase public awareness of the Small Forest Landowner Office and Forest Resiliency Division programs.
- Develop educational materials with clear and concise messages for both internal and external partners as well as the general public.
- Develop and/or enhance outreach and communication tools to reach the public.
- Develop training for internal professional landowner assistance staff regarding existing programs for small forest landowners.
- Maintain internal and external website with the most up to date information.
- Develop and/or maintain educational publications for all Small Forest Landowner Office programs.
- Develop and distribute press releases for events and announcements.
- Identify mechanisms that can be used to measure the effectiveness of outreach activities.
- Apply results to improve successful outreach methods.
- Seek out training opportunities for internal staff and partners.
- Establish a landowner feedback forum to evaluate the success of outreach activities.
For more information visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3317857/small-forest-landowner-office-outreach-specialist