The District Manager is responsible for overall management of the Conservation District, supervision of any district employees and satisfaction of district clients. The District Manager provides administrative leadership to assist the Board of Supervisors with the coordination, management and administration of conservation programs throughout the Whitman Conservation District. The District Manager ensures that all District functions are managed, and services provided in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations and policies.
A bachelor’s degree in natural resources, agriculture, public administration or a related field. A minimum of three years of supervisory and program management experience is preferred. Additional qualifying experience may substitute year-for-year for the education requirement.
The applicant must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple, diverse issues and a proven commitment to land stewardship on private lands.
Employment Classification: Regular full-time or 40 hours per week
- $36,000 – $62,400 annual base salary depending on experience and qualifications.
- Paid holidays and vacation will accrue after a probationary
- Paid sick time will accrue at 1 hour per every 40 hours
To be considered, interested persons should submit an application packet containing the following:
- Cover Letter
- Current Resume (including three professional references with contact information)
At the time of this announcement, the Whitman Conservation District Office in Colfax is currently closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Application packets will be accepted only via email to Bryan Jones at
This position will remain open until filled.
- Full Position Description – Whitman Conservation District Announcement and Position Description for District Manager Position