The Yamhill Soil and Water Conservation District seeks candidates for the position of District Manager. This recruitment is open until filled.
- Status: Full-Time, At-Will, Exempt Position
- Employer: Yamhill Soil and Water Conservation District
- Location: McMinnville, OR
- Open: March 30, 2022
- Closes: Position open until filled; review of applications will begin immediately
- Salary: $70,000 to $80,000 Annual salary is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
- Benefits: District-paid monthly allowance towards health, vision and dental insurance, retirement through 401(a) plan, vacation and sick leaves, and ten paid holidays. Some benefits are subject to a waiting period and completion of the introductory period.
The Yamhill Soil and Water Conservation District (District) is a special district organized under Oregon Revised Statutes Chapter 568 and authorized to implement a broad range of conservation services and programs. The District’s mission is to conserve, restore, and protect Yamhill County’s natural resources by providing technical, financial, and educational assistance to citizens, landowners, and businesses. The District works with agricultural landowners and producers, forest landowners and operators, individual residents, and federal, state, local and private conservation partners to deliver services, provide assistance, and promote voluntary adoption of land management practices.
General Overview (See Position Description for complete information)
This position is for a District Manager with the Yamhill Soil & Water Conservation District (District). It is a full-time, at-will position, exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. The District Manager provides leadership and oversees day-to-day operations relating to personnel, policy, annual planning, finances, outreach and education, and other related programs and services. The District Manager position is responsible for a broad range of responsibilities and program areas, requiring familiarity with various state and federal laws, such as district operations, employment, Oregon Local Budget Law, Oregon Public Records and Meetings Law, public contracting, and intergovernmental cooperation. The District Manager is supervised by, and works closely with the Executive Director, and interacts regularly with the District’s Board of Directors (Board). This position supervises a staff of six
people. The position represents the District in communications and relationships with landowners and operators, agricultural, natural resource, and environmental organizations, and public and private organizations.
Download the position description
Download: DM Announcement_YSWCD 3-28-22