Join Marion SWCD’s Staff Team
We’re Hiring a Financial Administrator
The Marion Soil and Water Conservation District has an immediate opening for an experienced Financial Administrator to join our team. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting salary of $29.79 per hour.
Our employees serve the community and contribute to the conservation of natural resources
The Marion Soil and Water Conservation District implements a broad range of conservation services and programs. Our mission is to protect, conserve, and improve the quality of soil and water in Marion County through planning, technical assistance, and education.
Your service adds value to the Marion SWCD
As the Financial Administrator, you will provide financial administrative support to the District Manager to manage the District’s local government funded budget including annual budget preparation, budgeting oversight, business operations, cash flow, reporting, audits, and payroll. You will have the opportunity to work both in the office located in Stayton and remotely, Monday-Friday 8-5pm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, Natural Resources Management, Agricultural Business, or a related field; plus, three years of progressive responsibility in program management, fiscal management, and bookkeeping, and/or agency administration. Additional qualifying experience or education may substitute for the educational or job experience required.
- Three to five years minimum experience in fiscal management, government or nonprofit strongly preferred.
- Experience in a computer accounting program is required, with preference to QuickBooks Pro.
- Proven knowledge of standard accounting practices is required.
- Background in government or nonprofit fund accounting is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules and regulations, and policies governing public accounting and contract management processes.
- Requires the highest ethical standards and public trust which must be always maintained.
You should also have excellent skills in the areas of organization, attention to detail, time management, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities, meet deadlines, and solve problems. This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
We provide a generous benefits package including health, dental and life insurance plans, a flex spending plan, paid sick, vacation and holiday leave and retirement through a deferred compensation program.
For immediate consideration, please fill out the application and send with your resume and cover letter to:
If you have questions or need assistance, please call 503-871-7311
Click here to learn more and apply.
The Marion SWCD is an equal opportunity employer, providing services to the public without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, age or other protected status or activity in accordance with applicable law.