Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District (CSWCD) is hiring a seasonal maintenance worker to provide program support for our Land Management Program. We are seeking candidates with a passion for agricultural and forest land management. This person will help ensure that District-owned properties and equipment are safe and well maintained. They will also help us deliver services to residents of Clackamas County.
The typical seasonal work period is February – October but may change during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Anticipated start date: August 15, 2022
Successful Maintenance Worker Applicants Will:
- Demonstrate a passion for and will have experience with land management and equipment operation/maintenance. Examples include hands-on daily farm or forest operational experience; work experience performing maintenance duties around buildings and properties; and/or other similar experiences.
- Possess a strong desire to work outside in the field.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Possess a willingness to collaborate with a team.
- Have strong initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Provide superior customer service to the public, landowners, partners, and CSWCD staff.
The primary focus of this position is to ensure District properties and equipment are well maintained and ready to deliver conservation services to our customers. We own and manage a 315-acre forest property near Estacada and a 15-acre farm property in Beavercreek, Oregon that serves as our base of operations. This position will also run our Equipment Rental Program that connects customers with agricultural equipment geared toward conserving soil and other resources. The Maintenance Worker is expected to provide superior customer service and to represent the District in a professional manner.
For more information
For more information, please visit the source announcement at https://conservationdistrict.org/2022/maintenance-worker-temporary-appointment-announcement.html.