Do you love agriculture, food, and the environment? Looking for field-based and meaningful work protecting human health and the environment and supporting Washington-grown food? Know someone else who may be interested? DNMP is recruiting for our Senior Nutrient Management Inspector position located in southwest Washington!
This position serves as the lead Nutrient Management Inspector for our southwest Washington region from the Enumclaw Plateau to Clark County and including the Olympia Peninsula. The position provides senior-level support in manure and nutrient management, water quality, small-scale and pasture-based dairy systems, and CAFO permit development and implementation. Our work brings us to some of the most beautiful parts of Washington and offers collaborative work opportunities with conservation partners across the state.
The successful applicant will be interested in a unique combination of
- field work, water sampling, land use monitoring
- farmer interaction, farm system problem solving
- unraveling mysteries relating to pollution sources
- supporting small business owners
- promoting compliance through inspections and enforcement
The ideal applicant will have
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- data management and analysis experience
- some experience in water quality monitoring
- farm, livestock, agronomy, dairy experience
- the ability to approach challenges with an open mind and persistent spirit
DNMP prides itself on being solution-oriented and building strong relationships with the dairy farmers we regulate and the many partners working to ensure clean water for all water users.
Why join WSDA?
- A great total compensation and benefits package
- Field-based work within the agricultural community
- Meaningful work protecting public health and the environment
- The opportunity to support the agricultural industry in Washington
- Supported professional growth and development opportunities
- A healthy work/life balance, which may include flexible work schedules, teleworking including hybrid home/Bellingham office arrangements, and an Infants in the Workplace Program
Take a look at the announcement linked below. Share it with anyone you think may be interested. Application closing is end-of-the-day on Saturday, September 8.