LEWIS COUNTY CONSERVATION DISTRICT RESOURCE TECHNICIAN (Planner)
$3,216.00 – $3,535.00 Monthly DOQ
Nature and Purpose of Position
This position of Resource Technician is a technical position of the Lewis Conservation District. The employee occupying this position performs activities as directed by the District Manager. The position will have direct oversite from and provide assistance to the CREP Coordinator/Watershed Liaison, the Special Projects Coordinator and the Education and Outreach Coordinator.
General Definition of Work
This position provides assistance to the Lewis Conservation District in conservation planning and implementation. Areas of assistance include nutrient management, irrigation water management, CREP, VSP and special projects.
- Work with landowners to develop or update and implement conservation plans including nutrient management for livestock, dairy and poultry operations, irrigation water management, VSP, and CREP.
- Develop project plans and help with developing best technologies for each practice.
- Utilize various computer programs for word processing and spreadsheet entry. Additional computer knowledge in Arc GIS software is desirable.
- Use survey equipment to help with surveying for creating designs and construction inspection of practices.
- Position will include some fieldwork in inclement weather and rough terrain.
- May include in class education and public information presentations.
- Other duties as assigned by District Manager.
Position will remain open until filled. Complete and submit an application, resume, and cover letter to the Lewis Conservation District. Emailed applications, resume, and cover letter will be accepted. Initial review of applications will be on January 19th and interviews will be held on January 25, 2022.
For more information
For further information and application forms contact the Lewis Conservation District at 2057 SW Salsbury Ave., Room 36 Chehalis, WA 98532, call (360) 996-4560, or email . Material can also be found at https://lewisconservation.wordpress.com