Skagit CD District Manager
The Skagit Conservation District (SCD) is a non-regulatory conservation agency established in 1942 to assist private land users in Skagit County with the conservation of natural resources. SCD is a legal subdivision of the Washington State government organized under Conservation District Law, RCW Chapter 89.08. The District receives funding from locally collected rates and charges, Conservation Commission, grants, and other funding sources with specific deliverables tied to the funding. To leverage its resources and advance special initiatives of considerable community importance, we partner with other federal, state, or local agencies and nongovernmental organizations. SCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The District and our professional staff have been recognized at all levels for their expertise and good customer service.
The mission of the Skagit Conservation District is to bring voluntary, incentive-based natural resource solutions to citizens of Skagit County and beyond by providing technical assistance, outreach and educational and cost share funding when available through various state and federal programs.
Required education, experience, or training:
- A degree in natural resources, environmental science or agricultural discipline, or a related field of study preferred.
- Experience with public sector finance, bidding, and audit requirements
- Administrative/management and supervisory experience in the public or private sector.
- Previous experience working directly with boards, commissions, tribes, legislative bodies, or educational institutions.
- Experience in contract, grant development and project management.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Skilled in use of computer programs and willingness to explore new e-tools.
- Conservation Districts, Washington State Conservation Commission and Natural Resources Conservation Service coordination of programs and funding.
- State of Washington regulations such as open public meetings act, freedom of information act, growth management and RCW 89.08 preferred.
- Public budgeting and records retention processes and procedures.
- Basic environmental, natural resources, agricultural, forestry, watershed adaptive management and permitting disciplines.
- Skagit County and north Puget Sound ecological and environmental issues preferred.
Salary Range: $75,000 – $99,000 Annual Salary – Full time position
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision, eleven paid holidays, ability to participate in PERRs retirement, as well as paid annual and sick leave.
A complete application includes: a cover letter, resume, SCD job application, and a list of three reference contacts.
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- A completed Skagit Conservation District Job Application
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of three references.
Mail or e-mail to:
Skagit Conservation District
2021 E. College Way, Suite 203
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Though this position is open until filled, the first pull for candidate will be February 24, 2023.
For more information, please view the official job posting – Skagit CD Executive Director Job Announcement