- This event has passed.
Outreach Strategies for Community Wildfire Preparedness and Recovery (day 2)
April 9, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT
Free, interactive workshop; Engage your audience and compel action through targeted communication.
As Washington State’s population and wildfire risk increase, it can feel daunting to figure out how to reach different types of at-risk landowners. How do we encourage them to take steps that better prepare them for living in wildfire country? The good news is you’re not alone! This virtual and interactive workshop will connect you with experts, peers, and resources to help reach your target audience and engage them with wildfire preparedness and recovery actions.
At the end of our two half-days together, you will leave with new tools and hands-on training that you can put to work in your outreach efforts.
April 8-9, 2021 Thursday 8:00 am-12:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am-12:00 pm
Who should attend:
Conservation district staff with public information duties. Capacity is limited to 25 participants, so register soon!
Facilitators and speakers:
Workshop facilitators are:
- Val Vissia, Communication Coordinator, Lincoln County Conservation District
- Laura Johnson, Communications Manager, Washington State Conservation Commission
Guest speakers include:
- Ashley Blazina, Community Wildfire Preparedness Coordinator, Washington Department of Natural Resources
- Kirsten Cook, Community Outreach Director, Okanogan Conservation District
- Kelsi Mottet, Natural Resources Planner, Whidbey Island Conservation District
- Patrick Haggerty, Forestry Program Manager, Cascadia Conservation District
This virtual workshop will be hosted on Zoom.
How to register:
Please submit this registration form no later than Friday, March 19.
Please note that registration doesn’t guarantee one of the limited seats for this workshop. We’ll approve registrations on a first-come, first-served basis. We’ll do a first review and approval of registrants on March 12, so please register soon!
Questions? Please contact:
Val Vissia, 509.725.4181 ext. 100