Yes! Here’s how to install and uninstall the Hub as an app on an Android smart phone or tablet.
Browse to the Hub website
First, browse to https://hub.wadistricts.org.
Next, install the app
- Tap the three dots in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Select Install app (the wording may vary depending on which version of Android is installed).
- A popup will appear that prompts you to install so click Install.
Finally, add it to your Home screen
- You may need to find it. On some phones you can swipe up from your home screen to reach the list of installed apps. The Hub will be shown as WACD Hub.
- Hold down that icon and select Add to home screen.
- You’re done! Now you’ll have a more seamless experience with the Hub when viewing it on your smartphone!
When you open the app
The menu is still there!
Many people won’t immediately find the main menu. It’s still there! On the home page, notice the three horizontal lines along the left margin. That icon is called a hamburger because of the three layers: bun, filling, bun. Tap the hamburger to reach the menu.
Uninstalling the app
When you choose to uninstall the app, it’s easy to do: just hold down the Hub icon and choose Uninstall.
We aren’t tracking you
What is a Progressive Web App?