In response to a motion passed by the WSCC in December 2020, WACD and WSCC is forming a joint committee to develop recommendations on conservation district elections reform. This was followed by a call for volunteers by WSCC in February 2021: Seeking CD volunteers to serve on election reform committee. The WSCC bulletin about volunteers also contains helpful information: Seeking CD volunteers to serve on election reform committee (or download it in PDF format: WSCC – Seeking CD volunteers to serve on election reform committee).
The four recommendations of the Joint Committee on Elections are:
- Conduct elections every other year, rather than every year as done currently.
- Extend supervisor terms (for both appointed and elected) from the current three-year
term to a four-year term.
- Conduct district elections during one Conservation Month.
- Allow conservation districts the option to go on the general election ballot
Downloadable references & reports
- Joint Committee on Elections recommendations - September 16, 2021 (270 downloads)
- Draft CD Election Proposal - Comments due 8-18-2021 (149 downloads)
- Final Elections Proviso Report - June 2015 (226 downloads)
WACD Past President Mark Craven (Snohomish CD) will facilitate meetings of the committee.
|First Name||Last Name||Title||Organization|
|Audrey||Ahmann||Assistant Manager: Finance & Grants Administrator||Walla Walla County CD|
|Ryan||Baye||Director of Legislative & Member Services||WACD|
|Larry||Cochran||Supervisor, WSCC Vice Chair||Palouse CD|
|Jeanette||Dorner||WACD Immediate Past President||Pierce CD|
|Bill||Eller||Voluntary Stewardship Program Coordinator||WSCC|
|Joy||Garitone||District Coordinator||Kitsap CD|
|Dave||Hedrick||District Manager||Ferry CD|
|Mike||Mumford||WACD President||Pend Oreille CD|
|Craig||Nelson||Executive Director||Okanogan CD|
|Mike||Nordin||District Manager||Grays Harbor CD, Pacific CD|
|Cindy||Reed||Supervisor||North Yakima CD|
|Ron||Shultz||Director of Policy and Inter-governmental Relations||WSCC|